Freestanding bathtub or built-in bathtub — that is the question.
When the time comes to pick out a new bathtub, you have to make a sensible decision. Thinking about your options and going through the perks of each type will help you make an informed choice.
Freestanding bathtubs have a lot of interesting features. And you can get cheap freestanding baths on many websites. The market share for freestanding bathtubs was estimated to be USD 3116 Million in 2021.
On the other hand, built-in bathtubs are convenient and have space around them to store things. Keep reading to know more about these two bathtubs and which one you should get.
Table of Contents
A freestanding bathtub is a bathtub that has all four sides exposed. It sits directly on the bathroom floor and is often a focal point. When you walk into the bathroom, it grabs your attention instantly.
- Freedom to choose: This bathtub suits any bathroom style. From the classic tub to the modern ones, there is no limit. You can place them anywhere in your bathroom, which allows you to be creative with the space.
- Has a luxurious look: Most people choose to have a freestanding tub because of how it looks. The unique and elegant look makes buying it more tempting.
- Easy to install: Installing cheap freestanding baths can be very simple. You do not have to call a contractor or decorator. A plumber is more than enough to get the job done.
- Can be placed anywhere: There are no restrictions when placing your tub. Since it has nothing around it, you can even set it in the centre of your bathroom.
- They are usually heavier: Freestanding tubs can be heavy. If you get one, you might need to get floor reinforcement. But some models do not require this.
- They do not come with a shower: After a bath, most people rinse off with the shower. Getting one in a freestanding tub will require you to get a wrap-around curtain.
A built-in bathtub is kept against the walls of your bathroom. It is convenient because they are tucked away in a corner. Also, the shower and built-in tubs are a powerful duo.
- Helps save space: Built-in tubs are more economical since they are kept in a corner. It gives you more space in the bathroom, which you can use to keep other things or leave empty.
- You get extra storage: Since built-in tubs are mounted against the wall, there is space to keep things. Also, you can install shelves beside it to keep items you require.
- No flexibility: You do not get the freedom to keep your bathtub where you want it; it has to be in a corner.
- Lack of choice: There are few options for built-in tubs. The tub generally depends on its surrounding for its style.
Make the Right Decision!
The final decision is yours to make, Freestanding or Built-in bathtub? Each one has its pros and cons. While the more practical option is getting a built-in tub, your bathroom will look more elegant with a freestanding one.
Choosing one of the two can take time. However, the list of pros and cons will certainly help. Make sure to go over the list and think it through. You have got this!